CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

My first blog rant!!!



Bre was all excited to agree or disagree with me, so tonight I'm giving her and anyone else who would like to, a chance to do so. =D I was listening to a well known conservative talk show host tonight (who shall remain nameless) who was ranting about the Democratic National Convention taking place in Denver right now, taking steps to be more environmentally friendly. He was sitting there criticizing the wooden keys, biodegradable balloons, environmentally safe paint, etc. In fact he said he was encouraging his viewers to "leave their blenders on all the time" in an attempt to eat up the energy and carbon emissions that the DNC would conserve. What an example this talking head sets for his viewers! It's typical 3 year old mentality, "If I can't do it, no one else should either." It occurs to me that he didn't have any better ideas! In fact, the only ideas he seemed to have on the subject were criticisms toward those trying to take action. While he was set on making these attempts look foolish, it made me appreciate the changes the DNC is trying to implement. Even if it's not the silver bullet cure for global warming, it's a step. It's an attempt. We may not be able to change the world all at once, but something... anything is better than nothing. So here's to those trying to do something!

8 comments:

Hamers said...

Holly, I'm glad you have a ranting blog! One of my guilty pleasures is to read Ann Coulter articles (don't tell anyone), just because sometimes it amazes me how the neo-con talking heads think.
Taking care of the planet isn't even a partisan issue. What an idiot.

My Story said...

How did I know you would talk about plastic bags. You are right. We need to make an effort and a little can go a long way. But I am only going to do the things that are simple. I'm not going to turn my life GREEN, but I certainly will teach my kids to throw there trash away. Mike is also planning on buying our kids mopeds as a High-school graduation gift. :) BTW, I figured it out, take a look at my blog. What do you think?

Holly said...

Phil, your Ann Coulter secret is safe with me. :0) I'm glad you like the blog!

*amandajae* said...

HOLLY---if i do remember correctly last time we went to walmart you got plastic bags!!! HAHAHAHA it is hard to be green when you forget the bags you bought :)

Holly said...

For the record, this really wasn't about the bags, per se. hahahaha AND I'm getting lots better at not forgetting my bags in the car, thank you very much!!! :0P

My Story said...

Did you now when you write on your own blog, it doesn't send it to people that you are talking to like Phil and Amanda. You have to go to there blog and write something on one of there posts.

Hamers said...

Actually I prefer to talk with people on their own blogs that way you can see the conversation. So if you respond to me you can do it in your own comments.

Holly said...

I like being able to read the string of the conversation as well. It's the old "More to follow. Check back soon." approach. I appreciate your concern, though! :0)